Psychotherapy Completion Course
Many trainees in the Gestalt community did training but did not complete to UKCP registration. WPP is putting together a Psychotherapy Completion Programme for these members of our community.
Trainees on application will need to produce a Portfolio of evidence to recognise their prior learning. This Portfolio will form the basis of their UKCP application.
The programme will be built for each applicant based on fixed and optional modules. For some of these modules will be joining other WPP trainees. Attending UKAGP events can count towards training hours for this programme.
This will be a 2 year programme as you will need to be a WPP member for 2 years prior to applying for UKCP registration.
There will be fixed modules
- Introduction to WPP and HIPC/ UKCP Training standards
- Law, Ethics and
- Experiments and Projective Phenomena - taught on residential
- Working with Dreams
- Clinical Writing of Case study and Tape Transcript
There will be optional workshops – to complete that the trainee can select to meet each training standard.
- Diagnosis and Formulation
- Trauma and Neuroscience
- Research for Psychotherapists
- Foundations of Gestalt
- Models of Integration
- CBT and Motivational Interviewing
- Developmental Deficit, Damage and Dysfunction
- Trainees can organise their own workshop to meet the needs of the group.
To apply the trainee - will usually need to have logged –
- A minimum of 450 POST GRADUATE training hours with a UKCP member training Institute
- A minimum of 100 hours of client work
- Supervised at a minimum of 1:6 individual supervision hours with UKCP or equivalent
- A minimum of 100 hours as a client with a recognised UKCP therapist.
TIME OUTS AND OTHER FACTORS
If the above does not apply to you or you are timed out then - depending upon how long since was in training or seeing clients we will ask you to do our foundation year first and then we will build a programme with you.
This is not a conversion from a counselling course to a psychotherapy qualification. If you are in any doubt please make contact so we can discuss your training needs.
Prospectus for this programme will be available in mid June 2017.
Course to start Autumn 2017.
For more details either visit our training course page for Psychotherapy Completion Course
please contact Mel Ovens at Welsh Psychotherapy Partnership.
54, Charles Street