- Trainee Gestalt Therapist
Birmingham West Midlands
Custard Factory, Gibb Street, Birmingham, West Midlands B9 4AA
- UKCP (UK Council of Psychotherapy) Trainee Member;
- UKAGP (UK Association for Gestalt Practitioners) Trainee Member;
- WPP (Welsh Psychotherapy Partnership) Trainee member
Main Therapeutic Style:
Gestalt Psychotherapy for Adults
I am a Gestalt advanced trainee psychotherapist and offer long and short-term work one to one, depending on your needs. I work on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons/ evenings.
Gestalt therapy focuses on developing awareness. It is a ‘here and now’ therapy, with an emphasis on what happens at the present moment in the therapy room. It gives you the client, the opportunity to understand more fully your current situation and who you are as a person. Our relationship is at the heart of the work, i.e. how we relate to one another. By exploring your experience – your thinking, feelings and emotions, I pay attention to my own experience when I am with you too and use it to inform what may be going on between us. By relating in this manner, patterns of your behaviour and how you are in the world become clearer. These can then be addressed and explored more deeply, and through this process possibilities to bring about change can then become clearer.
- Post Graduate Advanced Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapy, (Post-completion stage, UKCP approved, Welsh Psychotherapy Partnership, Cardiff 2017)
- Certificate in Humanistic Counselling Skills (The Gestalt Centre, London 2009)
- BSc (Hons) Product Design 2:2 (The University of Huddersfield 2002)
DBS Check: Yes