- Gestalt Trainee Therapist
- 07966 226181
The Life Therapy Centre, 1, Pell Street, Swansea, SAI 3ES
Trainee Membership with United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy, and the Welsh Psychotherapy Partnership
I am in my final year of training as a gestalt psychotherapist with the Welsh Psychotherapy Partnership in Cardiff. I have experience of working with people who present issues of depression, anxiety, drug and alcohol addiction, self-esteem issues, self-confidence, historic abuse, relationship difficulties, trauma history, eating disorders, the challenge of getting older, and anger issues. I have been working with individuals and with groups as a coach, group facilitator and psychotherapist (in training) for fifteen years. I have worked with people across a range of different cultural backgrounds, age, ethnicity, gender and sexuality. The intention of my practice is to support people to be able to respond to what is happening in their life, rather than simply react to it. Underpinning my work is a belief that we all have the potential to develop and recover our sense of well-being.
My core training is in gestalt psychotherapy practice. This approach involves enabling clients to become more aware of their patterns of behaving, reacting to life events, and thinking that informs their feelings and self-concept, and to explore and experiment with alternative possibilities. I use our relationship and developing dialogue as the focus for this exploration.
Individual sessions with adults
- I am in my final years of a Postgraduate (Masters) Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapy Practice
- Postgraduate Diploma in humanistic psychology and Facilitating Personal and Group Development.
- Post Graduate Diploma in FIRO (Fundamental Interpersonal Relationship Orientation) Theory and Practice
- Post graduate Certificate in Adult Education
- I am a graduate of the Home Office Specialist Support Services for trainers working with community and race relations
DBS Check: Enhanced